Dark Mofo X Culture Scouts
Join Culture Scouts in a heady few days of festivities. Delve into the Museum of Old and New Art, (MONA), one of the most unique museums in the world and a pilgrimage for art
lovers from all over the world. Explore Dark Park, a public art playground, events with international musicians and artists performing around the city and endless culinary experiences.
We hope you are as excited as we are about a weekend of art, music, creativity and exploration. Below you will find a copy of your itinerary, with information about the exciting places we will be visiting. Dark Mofo is an annual pilgrimage to Tasmania celebrating the dark through large scale public art, film, food, film, music, light and noise.
OPTION 1: Standard Hunter Room - $1,385 per person
OPTION 2: Superior Hunter Room - $1,460 per person
Single supplement: $450.00 - $480.00 (dependent on room) *Single travellers may request to share. Please advise at time of booking.
Deposit per person at time of booking: $600.00
Final payment 60 days before departure (15th April, 2018)
*Prices are inclusive of GST
*Credit card payments incur 2% merchants fee
Tour price includes:
- 2 nights accommodation at MAQ01 hotel
- Friday night group drinks
- Friday night entry only to Winter feast
- Saturday lunch only at ‘The Source’ restaurant at MONA
- Wine tasting tour of Moorilla winery at MONA
- Ferry transport to and from MONA
- Entry tickets to museum and exhibitions at MONA
- Transport by charter bus to Mt Wellington and Huon Valley then to Hobart airport on the Sunday
Tour price does not include:
- Breakfast expense with accommodation
- Cost of food and beverage at Winter feast
- Friday lunch & Saturday evening dinner
- Saturday evening DARK MOFO events (tickets available in April 2018 at extra cost)
- Sunday lunch at Willie Smiths Apple Shed
- DARK MOFO special events (tickets are available to purchase in April 2018)
- Transfers to and from airports
- Travel insurance
DAY 1: Friday, 15th June, 2018 *
Arrive HOBART, Check into Hotel.
Come and join us for lunch (optional)
- Art Gallery talks - come with us and explore North Hobarts galleries. Meet gallery owners and explore the stockroom of artworks.
- Back to hotel. Meet for welcoming drinks at MACQ01 bar hosted by Culture Scouts. Watch the sunset over beautiful Salamanca Bay as we all get ready for the evening festivities!
- Dinner - Winter feast. The culinary centre piece of DARKMOFO. Over the past four years Mona’s annual midwinter banquet has become a national pilgrimage for food lovers and cultural travellers, attracting up to 10,000 people to the Hobart waterfront each night.
- DARK PARK - Industrial public art playground at Macquarie Park on Hobarts docks. Watch, wander, feel and lose your way through the installations.
DAY 2: Saturday, 16th June, 2018
Day at Mona:
- Posh pit - ferry return Departs 9.30am arrives Mona 10 am. - The perfect start to the day! Escape the riff-raff, enjoy complimentary drinks, canapes and inflated egos in the exclusive Posh pit lounge bar and private deck.
- Entry into MONA Museum and PHARIS exhibition, themed around light works.
- Lunch - The Source. A sumptuous 2 course lunch with paired wines.
- Moorilla winery VIP tour in seated barrel room for wine tasting
- Posh pit ferry departs 5pm from Mona. Arrives Hobart 5.30pm
- DARK MOFO evening events - Schedule not yet released. We will contact you for recommended events and to purchase tickets (COSTS not included, program to be released in April 2018).
DAY 3. Sunday, 17th June, 2018 *
- A day exploring the great outdoors of Tassie
- Organised transport/bus Charter bus
- Mount Wellington - Take in the breathtaking view of Hobart and beyond!
- Fern Tree Walk - Clear the mind with a magical walk through fern tree forests at the base of Mount Wellington (weather dependent)
- Artists Studio visit (depending on availability)
- Lunch at Apple Cider farm; Willie Smith’s Apple Shed in Huon Valley - in a beautiful part of the Huon Valley, plenty of apple cider and delicious lunch menu
- Bus back to Airport (50 minute drive from Apple Shed to Hobart Airport)
- DEPART WILLIE SMITHS APPLE SHED AT 1.45PM
- ARRIVE AT AIRPORT AT 2.40PM
- Depart HOBART
*Changes and variations to itinerary may occur